As a
result of many blog and discussion board comments, I have made some changes to
my action research plan. I have
indicated all changes in purple this week (last week/ red, original document/blue).
I
appreciate all comments that were made in either the blog or the discussion
board this week. These comments helped
me with the process of reflection, revisions and clarity of my plan. Many readers commented on the aesthetically
pleasing blog and I do appreciate these motivating comments as I continue to
make revisions to it. The development of my blog has come through trial and
error. A true learning process! Also, all my readers agreed with the urgency
of this topic. Fact fluency is a topic
that apparently is up and coming in many school districts. They supported my findings and acknowledged
my accuracy and deep knowledge that I have developed on this topic. I was given many ideas on what others are
doing for fact fluency and found many of their programs and lessons to be
consistent with our new program. One
important comment was the need to show how I was going to build the fact
fluency. I am so glad that this was
mentioned because it helped me to clarify my thoughts for my readers.
As I
reflect on the changes I have made below, I contribute the clarity and details
to my readers. This new and improved
plan will hopefully provide more direction and specifics as I follow it in the
months to come. I also, added my name
and position consistently through the plan to show that I was going to be an
active participant in not only dissemination of the data, but also in the
process of collecting the data. Another
significant change was the addition of professional development that occurred
this past summer. After reflecting on
the process of how we got to this new program, I felt it was necessary for me
to show that professional development and training was provided for all
mathematics teachers in order to help develop their understanding of number
sense and how it affects fact fluency.
Lastly, I felt as though I needed to give more specifics to the last
column of my plan: revisions made to SIP based on monitoring and assessments,
therefore, I revised this section and tried to give as many specifics as
possible (reviewing other blogs helped significantly with this task).
The knowledge that I have gained from my
readers has been very beneficial in the process of revisions and
reflections. I have learned through
experience that two minds (or more) are always better than one. The collaboration of others who are working
to achieve the same goals has been very helpful. I have gotten many ideas from reviewing
other’s blogs and action plans. Lastly,
I did make mention to the new TEK revisions that will be implemented in
2013-2014. Some of these revisions will
effect number sense and the direction of fact fluency, (from what I have
reviewed in the TEKS draft, it will be an improvement).
No comments:
Post a Comment